Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So what will it be? The Blue Pill or the Red Pill?

To me sometimes, it seems life is all about choices. You chose between the various options life presents you. These choices may be conscious ones, where you think and weigh all your options and then make an educated choice, or these choices may be subconscious ones, which you may call instinct, or even fate. But at the end of the day almost everything that happens to you is the outcome of a choice you made.

Whenever faced with a choice, we all would like to think we make an educated choice, based on the sum effect of knowledge gathered through life thus far. But with time, the way we think changes, it’s a part of life, as years tick by, our knowledge pool only grows, and what seemed a sensible choice years ago, may seem ridiculous and stupid now! You can either whine and grow bitter about the mistakes you have made, or learn and move further, a little hurt, but a lot wiser; this again is a choice you have to make. So it would be fair to say that not only is life a matter of choice, but also living with the choices you make.

When I look back at my life thus far, I can jot down a list of choices I made, some of which I am proud of, to this day, and some I regret deeply. Look back at your life and you will realize there are many such occasions in your life as well. Think about how you made these choices, and how you dealt with the outcome of these choices. I truly believe a person’s character is defined by the choices he/she makes, and more importantly how he/she deals with the consequences of the choice.

Seems pretty straight forward! Make the right choices, and live happily!.. err… not really, the catch is, there is no such thing as a correct or wrong choice, they are all guesses at best! Each day I get the thought, if I had done a few things differently, said a few words differently, my life could have been so different! Well these ifs, buts, could bes and wouldbes is what life is really all about! So I wish you all years of guessing your way through life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u make it sound like an interesting game. Infact choices is what game theory is all about :)

akshay said...

hmm.. you either realy like Game theory.. or u're just trying to show off!!! either ways.. thanks for the comment!